Chinese Fried Rice
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup bean sprouts/and or frozen peas
1/2 cup canned mushrooms
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups cooked (cold) rice
2 T soy sauce
1 cup chicken, shrimp, or pork diced
2 green onions, chopped
5 T oil, peanut or high temp oil
1. Prepare everything before hand and have ready in bows or cups..
2. Heat wok. Add 1 T oil. Heat..
3. Add eggs - soft scramble, then remove from wok to bowl..
4. Add 1 T oil. Heat. Stir fry meat if it needs cooking. Remove to bowl..
5. Add 1 T oil to wok. Heat. Add bean sprouts, peas, salt, mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute. Remove to bowl..
6. Remove wok from heat and wipe clean with paper towel..
7. Add 2 T oil. Heat. Add cold rice and stir fry until hot..
8. Add soy sauce to rice and mix well, stir frying..
9. Add green onions and meat to rice..
10. Return other ingredients to wok and stir fry 1/2 minute..
If the bean sprouts are canned, drain, rinse. pat dry..
Basic concept. Wok should be hot before oil is added. Oil should be heated before food is added. Woks work best by dribbling the oil around the upper edge and it works its way to the bottom or pick up wok to distribute oil evenly..
I love this recipe. Now I understand that rinsing the rice before cooking creates a more starchless rice that doesn't stick together so much. I'm going to try that on my next batch.
I like peas so I add frozen or defrosted ones always, even when I use bean sprouts. Sometimes I don't use bean sprouts if I don't have them.
Budget Friendly Recipes
The Homestead Kitchen
© Crystal Miller, 2007,2008 and Beyond! All Rights Reserved
Do Not Copy from any page of this website without permission from the owner